This is the ruling body of the church. Elders (called and installed as leaders of the church) are elected to serve three-year terms on this board. The Session bears overall responsibility for all church functions, including worship, Christian education, property maintenance, personnel management, and finance.
Our current Elders
- Michael Reinhardt, Clerk of Session, Class of 2026
- Bill Martz, Elder, Class of 2024
- Anna Bright, Elder, Class of 2024
- Jan Astles, Elder, Class of 2024
- Steve Simpson, Elder, Class of 2025
- Heather McAdoo, Elder, Class of 2025
- Dave Henderson, Class of 2025
- Marti Mowers, Class of 2026
- Rich Cromwell, Class of 2026
The session does its work through a committee structure, in which each committee takes responsibility for a specific aspect of church life. There are six standing committees:
- Christian Education
- Property and Facilities
- Church Development
- Mission and Service
In addition to the standing committees, the Nominating Committee convenes as needed to identify individuals interested in serving on our two elected boards, Session and Deacons. They present a slate of candidates to the congregation annually. They also meet at other times if members resign or move away.
The Clerk of Session is the individual who keeps the minutes of each meeting, and is responsible for maintaining the church’s records and the membership rolls. The Clerk also handles correspondence to and from the session. If an official church signature is needed for anything that does not involve sale or purchase of property, the Clerk is the one who signs.