Missional service is at the heart of our faith practice here at FPCV. All members are encouraged to share the hope and joy of their faith through sharing their time, compassion, and resources with others who may be in need. There are a wide variety of opportunities available throughout the year for all to serve: from serving the hungry at the local food pantry and through our community dinners; to building houses with Habitat for Humanity; to building relationships in urban-suburban summer programs; to knitting winter clothes for children; to responding to local crisis; to supporting an orphanage in Uganda and fresh water wells in India, we serve.
Please contact the office for a full list of current and upcoming opportunities
Next Service Opportunities
If you have any questions about any of these opportunities, please contact our church office at 585-924-2289. We look forward to meeting you and having you join us in spreading the love of our Lord Jesus through service to others.
- Community Dinners – 2nd, 3rd and 4th Saturdays each month 5-6:30pm, free meal and fellowship!
- Clothing Drive/Giveaway – Gently used clothing is collected and sorted for distribution to those in need in our community each December.
- Books and Blankets – Books and fleece blankets bundled in a package for distribution during Christmas break to Pre-K through 2nd graders in Rochester City Schools.
- Angel Tree – Program to provide Christmas gifts to clients of the Victor/Farmington Food Cupboard that need help providing gifts for their families.
- Thanksgiving Baskets – Food Items are collected to provide everything for Food Cupboard clients to enjoy a Thanksgiving Dinner with all the trimmings. Collection will start early November with a distribution date just prior to Thanksgiving.
- Special Saturday Food Cupboard Distribution – Held in August at Willowbrook Church. Collecting school supplies, snacks, and clothing for Food Cupboard clients in prep for Back to School in Sept.
- Habitat for Humanity – Chance to help build a home in local communities to support the vision of “a world where everyone has a decent place to live.” We have helped build homes in Geneva and Canandaigua over the past several years. Opportunities usually occur in the summer and fall.
- Uganda Orphanage Support